it’s been 30 years because the worldwide Olympic Committee introduced that Barcelona changed into to host the 1992 Olympic video games. it’s far plain that this turn of activities converted the city into what we recognise and love these days.
As vote casting commenced in 1986, Barcelona changed into up towards five towns: Birmingham, Belgrade, Paris, Brisbane and Amsterdam, however the Catalan capital got here out on pinnacle after simplest 3 rounds of mystery ballots. while the result changed into made public, human beings throughout the metropolis crammed the streets to celebrate the best news. The video games sparked big pleasure in citizens, as well as prompting city transformation and wonderful social adjustments, lots of which could nevertheless be observed while trekking via Montjuïc or wandering alongside the water from Vila Olímpica to Poblenou.
The Olympic games passed off from July twenty fifth until August ninth, with a complete of nine,364 athletes taking part—6,652 guys and 2,704 girls. The athletes concerned were from a record breaking 169 international locations, and the hole rite remains taken into consideration by way of many to be the most visually notable in history.
Web hosting the Olympic games gave Barcelona a shiny new picture that incited an explosion of touristic fervour, which has been relentless during the last 30 years. With the metropolis having undergone many aesthetic alterations a good way to appearance presentable for the games, including the dissolution of regions that were crushed through shacks and slums, greater space have become to be had to the human beings – locals and vacationers alike. most of the vintage railway structures have been remodelled, in addition to, and abandoned factories and homes had been repurposed. The Olympic games provided the city with a breath of clean air, with out which Barcelona might not be the current, worldwide city that we now live in and absolutely everyone else goals of touring to.
How to work freelance in Barcelona
REGISTERING AS AUTÓNOMO: REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
- Current passport (valid for at least six months from the date of your application). Spanish ID (DNI or NIE).
- Recent proof of being ‘empadronado’ in Barcelona (Volante de Empadronamiento), not more than three months old.
- A detailed description of your proposed activity.
- Proof of sufficient economic resources to carry out and invest in your proposed activity.
Statistics from the third annual InterNations Expat Insider Survey 2016, one of the most sizable studies carried out to explore the general living scenario of expatriates throughout the globe, has simply been launched, showing expats living in Barcelona to be a number of the happiest worldwide.
- Any necessary academic titles or accreditation, authorisations, licences, or proof of ownership or rental of property (when necessary to carry out your proposed activity). For example, if your activity involves driving a car or vehicle, a Spanish or EU driver’s licence might be necessary.
- Proof of ownership or access to material necessary to carry out your proposed activity. For example, if you are planning to be a freelance graphic designer you may need to show proof of ownership or access to a computer and the necessary computer programmes.
- Accreditation or proof of any extenuating circumstances that require that your case be considered urgent.
Barcelona is home to some of the happiest expats in the world
Regardless of the metropolis’s poor score within the personal Finance Index and the truth that it most effective made it to eleventh place within the average ranking, humans don’t forget quality of existence here to be rather high. Barcelona came in first inside the personal Happiness subcategory and fourth within the Feeling Welcome subcategory of the convenience of Settling In Index. in keeping with the survey, 70% of respondents are in a satisfied relationship, 64% are satisfied with their paintings-lifestyles balance and sixty nine% thrive within the heat, sunny weather. Barcelona additionally ranked excessive for its wealthy style of amusement options on provide, with 60% score this issue as ‘excellent’, double the global average.
Meanwhile, Madrid made it to 1/3 vicinity within the overall rating, because of its tendency to give expats a warm welcome, being an smooth city wherein to set up a solid organization of buddies and having a relatively low residing price.